Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We're Still Here



To those of you who depend on this blog to keep up with little Tyce, I offer my sincerest apologies for not updating in such a long time. I can't tell you how excited I am to be writing this right now! The fact that I'm updating means three things 1) Tyce is ASLEEP!, 2) We are HOME and not traveling, 3) I am caught up on basic housework! These are all precious things. 


I won't write an enormous post with details of all we've been up to. However, I'll try to catch the highlights:


Tyce is as rambunctious as ever. No...more rambunctious than ever. This is one energetic little guy! Beau and I are both getting an excellent upper-body workout every day just from wrestling with him. We're already discussing what sports to put him in at the earliest age possible because he's going to need productive ways to freely exert this energy. I'm thinking soccer (do teams start earlier than age 4?), and also early morning runs before school so that he can actually sit still and pay attention. He is not even walking or crawling yet, but the energy is bursting out of him at the seams! 


Updates since last post:
-He sprouted his first two bottom teeth the day before we left to go to El Campo for Christmas
-He has been rolling over in both directions for quite some time
-He sits independently
-He can independently go from sitting to laying down (back or front) to sitting again
-He pushes himself backwards all over the place as he's trying to learn to crawl forward.
-He doesn't spend much time practicing crawling because he is only interested in walking. He lets us know very clearly that he is his happiest when holding onto our fingers while he marches himself around all over the house. He could probably do this all day long and be perfectly content. 
-His first ER visit was to Pike's Peak Regional Hospital in Colorado due to an accumulation of Croup, Fifth's Disease, Altitude Sickness, and a Stomach virus all at once! It doesn't take me saying much more for your to infer how relaxing that trip was for us. :)
- He's still not too keen on this whole idea of sleeping, but things are improving. He's gradually moving towards taking two good solid naps every day, and how things goes at night just varies. 
-He's eating a lot of different kinds of baby food, and seems to be having a good time. Again, he's just chomping at the bit to be independent: I think he would eat much more if he could feed himself with the spoon. He says sleeping, bottles, and being fed are for babies and that he's not a baby. 
-There is probably more but I can't think of it at the moment. I have been recording changes and milestones in my iPhone so that I can transfer all the info to his baby book when I actually have a chance. I just opened the note page where I've been writing it, and found out everything since 6 months has not been saved :( This aches my heart, but hopefully I can scrounge and figure out what I've lost.







No comments:

Post a Comment