Thursday, July 14, 2011

Love Love Love


Tyce was a wonderful ring-bearer in Uncle Garrett and Aunt Brittany's wedding, and Beau was the "officiant" or preacher. I was the babysitter of the ring-bearer. ;) It was a full time job plus overtime.
                                                  Yes, he is eating dog food. Don't judge.
Back yard water park invented by Dad and Uncle Alan. We now do this every single day.


Tyce will be 14 months old on the 20th of this month and I still have not done his baby book. I am so ashamed. I think it's my perfectionism which is keeping me from working on it: The fear of it not being perfect so I don't do it at all. Awesome, I know. I'll quit with the self-therapy now. I am keeping a list of most of the things I want to put into the book when I eventually get around to it. The main things I want to remember, though, are things which cannot be written or recorded in any way. They are precious moments such as...


...the way it feels to hold him, hug him, and be hugged by him
...the sound of his husky little voice
...the way it feels when he wraps his arms tight around my neck
...breathing in the smell of his sweet baby head
...hearing the sound of his breathing
...seeing the sparkle in his eyes when he belly laughs
...when he runs to me and jumps before he's arrived because he knows I'll catch him and hug him tight



These days he doesn't walk much at all. He runs. And he runs some more. And then he runs more. He provides us endless laughter and joy as he's always coming up with new, funny things to do such as re-arranging kitchen furniture, and hiding the TV remote in the trash can. This week he has really started to dance when he hears music so we spend a lot of family time turning up the music and dancing on the rug in the living room. It is so much fun. His favorite song is "If you're happy and you know it." He'll crack up laughing as soon as it starts and clap along with the entire song. 


He still isn't a big sleeper, but he's improving. We get about one solid night of sleep per month which I count as a true blessing. I think the older he gets the better he'll be. We love our sweet angel boy.


2 comments:

  1. Jill,

    We have been thinking about you guys and are glad to hear how much you are enjoying your sweet boy! Kara is 9 months today and I cannot believe how fast it is going by! I haven't touched Kara's baby book since she was 1 month old. It'll happen someday, right?

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete