Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nesting and Other Big News

The nesting phase has officially begun. It kicked-in last weekend when I decided to re-arrange the entire living room. Obviously I could not have done this without the help of Beau. Due to my large belly, I found myself mainly pointing and saying things like "How about over there?" "No, let's try it over there..." rather than pitching-in to contribute some muscle to the process. Beau is such a trooper! The end result of the 4 hour re-arranging process is amazing! Absolutely nothing is in it's original place, and the room feels twice as big, and much more conversational for when we have company over. Of course the re-arranging episode then led into re-decorating the fireplace mantle, and the start of a collection of things for a garage sale. Nothing in the house but the dogs and Beau are safe because if it's not serving a purpose - it's going out!!
Today, I fear the nesting has gotten even worse. This phase plus my pre-existing OCD is a lethal combination. This morning when Beau and I woke up I asked what he would like to do today and he said "work on projects around the house." This was great news to me because I had the same thing in mind! So, from 9am this morning until 5pm this evening we organized and cleaned. The sad thing is that the house probably doesn't look any different to anyone else, yet I have this tremendous feeling of satisfaction knowing how clean it is. I would say my behavior today was diagnosably obsessive. My brain is still telling me to clean the baseboards, touch-up nail holes in the wall, and polish the wood furniture, but my body refuses to move anymore. Literally, my back is so sore I can hardly move right now. Haha! I'll save the other projects for next weekend, I guess.

In other news...I quit my job! What?!? Can you believe it? It's an idea Beau and I have been tossing around and praying about for quite some time but we've both had a lot of fear about going through with it d/t the financial risk. Finally, two weeks ago I had a major break-down at work which led us to the decision that private practice would be best suited for me once Tyce arrives. I didn't technically "quit:" I gave them two months notice so they can hire, and train someone for my new position, and I can responsibly transfer my clients to the new therapist. The plan is for me to see about 20 hours of clients per week in my private practice. If all goes well, we shouldn't experience a drop in my pay at all once I get my practice built up. We could really use your prayers in this. I've got about 3 months to build my caseload before Tyce arrives! Of course I will then take time off to take care of him, but I hope to be able to keep my practice rolling along as steadily as possible. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be able to work part time, and be home more with Tyce.

Coming soon to a home near you...Tyce Davis! 13 weeks! Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment