Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feeling Wishy-Washy, Projects, and a Visit from Alan

Never in my life have I been more wishy-washy than I am currently. I can't decide if I want to continue painting Tyce's furniture drawers or just stain them, I can't decide if I want to quit my job and do private practice, or quit private practice and continue my job. I couldn't decide if we should share Tyce's name...then we did, and I said I wasn't going to share pictures of his room, and now I'm going to. Ha ha! Who knows what I'm going to do. I'm just full of surprises!
The weekend before last Beau and I shopped for curtains for Tyce's room, but of course the ones I liked were all rediculously expensive. Instead, I went to the fabric store, picked out exactly what I had envisioned, and sewed my own curtains all for half the price of what I found in the store! They are a deep-red cordoroy (they look burgundy in the picture)! I figure you don't get much more "boy" than with good 'ol rough and tough cordoroy. 
Also, I didn't want a typical baby glider because I think about furniture as a long-term investment and knew a glider wouldn't be something I'd want to keep in my house once we're through baby-hood. We decided on a SWEEEET laZboy and it is a little piece of heaven to sit in. Here's the sneak-preview I promised you wouldn't get that I'm now sharing:
Because of the cold weather, the furniture is still in progress. Beau has sanded everything so we just need to finish staining, and varnishing but it needs to get warmer for that. Here's Beau working his tail off:

Both our Oklahoma and Denton showers have been scheduled so the main big project left to do before Tyce arrives is register! I'm feeling less overwhelmed about all there is to do because I know we have plenty of time to get everything finished that we need to as long as he doesn't come early.

No Honey-Do List Here!
Most wives complain of the long list of things which need to be fixed around the house that their husbands just "can't seem to get around to." I know how blessed I am to have a husband who does not give such a list time to be created. He fixes things before I even know they're broken such as in the picture below. Yes, it's a great booty-shot (no staring!!), but you'll notice this is the toilet area...with no toilet! It was clogged so he removed the entire thing to fix it! Sometimes's I feel like Jill Taylor from "Home Improvement" with Tim-the toolman- Taylor as my husband. While his approach to fixing things may be a little obscure, he always makes it work great and hasn't destroyed anything yet. :)


Tyce's Hobbies
While Beau and I have been busy with our home projects, Tyce has been busy as well. He and I get to spend a lot of time together: He never leaves my side and is attached to me like a growth. The more I get to know him, I'm discovering some of his hobbies. They are as follows:

Jumping on the trampoline
Swimming
Kick-Boxing
Sleeping
Gymnastics
Dancing

I'm sure I'll discover much more in the months to come.

Visit from Alan!
Alan stopped by last weekend on his way to the yearly Nascar Fireman training to prepare for this Summer's big race. While time is always too short, it was great to see him.

1 comment:

  1. you are so funny Jill! I love Tyce's hobby's! That is good that he is active! I remember being pregnany and feeling natalie move around while I was teaching and I would think, I wonder if the students can see my belly move. I got so paranode that I starting holding papers infront of my belly, especially after lunch!

    ReplyDelete