Friday, July 30, 2010

This Week's Top 5

Top 5 New Adventures:


1) Tyce slept 7 hours straight last night! I think he would have slept another half hour longer if he had fallen asleep as fast as usual. I was up pacing around, of course, at 4:30 when he usually wakes up. I was debating "should I pump, or not pump?" Finally I went back to sleep, and he woke up at 6:15! Such an amazing baby!


2) I took him to the Chiropractor yesterday to get adjusted. The Chiro said his neck was the most out of place he's ever seen in a baby! Maybe this adjustment had something to do with how well he slept last night. Hmm...only time will tell.


3) I ran for the first time last night. It was as difficult as I expected after not running in 11 months, but it was also just as fun as I remembered and anticipated. I can't wait to get back into better shape so I can run longer. Last night's was really a run/walk.


4) Yesterday I was able to button up my real (non-maternity) jeans!! Yahoo! It's fun to see progress every day. There is still much belly which needs to shrink, but at least I can tell my hips are going back into place. They got so wide I wondered if they would ever return to any kind of remote normalcy.


5) Last Tuesday Mom drove into town to pick up Tyce and I for a trip to Tulsa! We left Wednesday afternoon, and embarked on the 7+ hour trip (which should really be 4 1/2) home. Mom says "we laughed a lot" on the drive, but really I think she was laughing much more than me. It was interesting juggling the dogs and Tyce throughout the hours. Because Tyce eats more quickly from the bottle when Mom feeds him than he does with me either nursing or bottle-feeding, we would stop for him to eat and Mom would bottle-feed him. Meanwhile, I let out the dogs, gave them water, went to the restroom, and changed Tyce's diaper. Once we got back on the road and Tyce fell asleep I would pump while Mom drove us down the highway. Haha! We tried to be discreet so truck drivers wouldn't get too much of a show. By the time I finished pumping Tyce would be awake again (remember, he doesn't sleep much in the daytime) and fussy (because he gets bored quickly) so I would turn around in my seat and keep him entertained from the front. Why didn't I just sit next to him in the back? Well, by the time we put the car seats (dog's, and Tyce's) there was only room for someone about half my size to sit back there in Mom's cute little new car. Noni gave Tyce lots of toys to look at and play with though so he had a good time. Overall he did great on the entire trip: He smiled for all his grandparents, and great-grandparents, slept like an angel at night, and performed for all company. It was a great trip!


I wish I could figure out how to write captions next to my pictures. For some reason the formatting will never left me. Lindsi, I need you to tutor me in blogging someday soon!




3 comments:

  1. How fun is your new blog? I love the backdrop! I am glad that Tyce was so good over the weekend in Tulsa! What was wrong with his back? I guess I never heard about that, poor baby! I am glad too that he is sleeping so good! Isn't it nice when they finally figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic from the outside looking in at the family with Tyce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jill i love the window picture :D

    ReplyDelete