Despite the above situation, we are enjoying Tyce more and more everyday. He continues to become more interactive as he follows us with his eyes, laughs hysterically, and wants to stand up by himself all the time! I think he may stand indepedently before he can crawl! He is now 27" long, and 16.5 lbs (as of last week)!! He wears 9-12 month (more on the 12 month side) sized clothes, and is KILLING my back! Aye! I always look forward to Beau coming home, but sometimes what I look forward to most is having a break from picking him up! I need a serious deep tissue massage. I am happy he is healthy, and growing steadily. Apparently he is stealing all my calories though.
While I am grateful to be down to my pre-pregnancy weight as of three weeks ago, I think I lost weight too quickly. Don't get me wrong - I did NOTHING to help this process. It is my hungry hungry hippo who has helped this happen. However, I discovered the blinding headaches I mentioned above have been caused by lack of nutrition. I thought I was eating enough, but I did an experiment for two days where I stuffed my face beyond comfort to see if lack of calories was the cause of my headache. Yes, you guessed it. It sure was. The 3 month lingering headache disappeared all on its own when I had higher calorie intake. I'm not even exercising right now because I'm so tired, but I can't even keep up with the calories as things stand. Feeding and watering myself is a full time job!
Since my last post, a couple major events have happened.
First, Tyce and I went to the 6th Annual FOSHAB Reunion at Amber's house in Edmond, OK. I love my college girlfriends so much and we all had a wonderful time. Three of us have new baby boys and brought them with us because we are still nursing. Here's a picture of all the girls:
Crislyn, Me, Amber, Diana, Jennifer, Mandy
And here are the boys:
Tyce (3mo.), Wyatt (1 mo.), and Mason (3 mo. and a week).
Tyce was the biggest baby there - not just in size, but he definitely cried the most! Way to impress everyone, little guy. To his credit, he had a cold and couldn't breathe. What can you do?
Not pictured are Diana's children. Benjamin, who is 16 mo. and attended last year, and also the fetus in her belly! Yay Diana!
I got glasses because I can no longer see at a distance. I always wanted glasses when I was younger, but what a hastle!
Beau and I had our 4th Anniversary! We didn't take a picture together - Oops! But here are my flowers from my sweet husband. We had a fabulous date at our traditional restaurant - Texas de Brazil. We reflected on the past years, and dreamed about those to come.
I love this picture of Tyce:
I know it's so serious, but I think it's just so cute. Haha!
A fun picture with Daddy:
Labor Day weekend we took a trip to south Texas to see Beau's family. LaWanda threw us a special baby shower which was a combination with William's 50th Surprise Party! It was a hit!
Beau, Tyce, Me, Grandpa Tom, Mema, Grandpa William, and Grandma
Tyce and Mema
Uncle Tyler looks so proud of his nephew :)
Grandnanny and slobbery man
Big Daddy and his first grandchild
Fun on the Jumperoo Grandma had at the house for Tyce to play in. Yay for grandparents!
Now you haven't missed out on a thing due to my lack of posting. You're all caught up!

I wish I was back down.....truely it's the only reason I'm nursing Maddie....so selfish. Tyce is so cute, and he's so big! I feel your pain, Maddie does not sleep through the night yet, I've been trying to train her to sleep more....my win is I get both kids down for a nap at the same time!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post--Ive been missing reading them, but you get a break since you have your hands full :) I loved Tyce in camo. Then I saw his picture in his yellow shirt, and I thought yellow IS his color. Then, I saw the bright green shirt..oh geez, I cant make up my mind! That boy is too darn cute! ...Props to you for losing your Tyce weight AND you look super cute in your glasses :) Looking forward to seeing y'all next week! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWow! I am really impressed on losing the weight! I sure wish that I could forget to eat and then have to force myself to eat calories! you lucky duck!!
ReplyDeleteTyce is absolutely adorable! I haven't talked to you in so long, I miss you! I would call right now, but it is 9:30 and if Tyce has already gone down to bed, then I am not going to interupt quite time or going to bed early! Sadly, I have been going to bed about now every night for the past few weeks! Love you so much, Call you this weekend! Jamie