Here I am with the baby sling. Sprout and Spike enjoyed it, and said they want one too so I can carry them with me everywhere I go.
In this picture, please try to ignore the 20 year old TV which I refuse to get rid of. It has been through many journeys with me in my life beginning in elementary school, all the way through grad school, and of course 3 years of marriage. On top of the TV you'll see the Winnie the Pooh from my Mema. It is tradition for Pooh Bear to be given to all the grandchildren in the family, and even some of the dogs. Now, we start the tradition of passing them along to GREAT grandchildren as well. :)
All the animals lined up at the base of the TV are a collection I just found out my Mom has been keeping for 10 years! She saved the miniature cast of Sesame Street from McDonald's Happy Meals back in the day so her grandchildren could have them! They are so cute! I remember seeing these in her hope chest when I was younger, but never knew why they were in there! Ha ha! Also pictured are burp-free bottles, and the box for the baby sling (pictured above).
Last, but not least: The shopping spree! Mom took me on a massive shopping spree for maternity clothes. Until recently, I had been miserably cramming myself into tight pants and shirts. It was amazing trying on the new clothes and realizing "Oh! I can actually be comfortable!" She got me tops, slacks, jeans, shorts, and PJ's. I thought with what she got me we would tripple the amount of clothes Jamie had already lent me. Not so much! Everything from the purple short-sleeved shirt to the left is what Mom got me (which is a lot). Everything to the right of this shirt is all Jamie's. Needless to say, this is the baby closet and it is completely full of my maternity clothes alone! Amazing! What's a girl to do without cute clothes? I am going to be a walking pregnant fashion show. Thank you Mom and Jamie for getting me all set!
That's so sweet of your mom! You need to send her this way to help me do some shopping...I love my mom, but she is not a shopper! I love what you've done with the sling. Sammy is jealous!
ReplyDeleteI love the little sesame street animals. That is really neat! What ever happened to the good toys at McDonalds?!?!?! You can't blame moms for being excited! I am just glad that I get to share with my friends all my maternity clothes, I guess it is a completement that they were cute enough to pass on. love you
ReplyDelete