My sister-in-law Lindsi, and forever friends Jamie and Stephenie threw me a wonderful baby shower in Oklahoma last weekend! Of course it snowed again so not everyone could make it. It was a great turnout anyway, and we had such a great time! We are so blessed to have so many friends and family who love and support us. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you to all those who came, and all who wanted to come, but couldn't make it because of the weather. I wish I could post all the pictures that were taken - it was just so fun to see everyone!
We've been so exhausted after such an eventful weekend and busy week that we haven't had time to find a place for all the gifts yet. However, that is definitely on the agenda for today. That, and soak up as much sunshine as humanly possible. Aaah I love sunshine!! Beau will be outside working on adding trim to the new porch cover, and I'll be out there with him, but doing something sedentary I suppose. ;)
Thanks to some gifts of diapers, Tyce's room already smells like a fresh, clean baby. We are getting so excited to meet him! My Mom can't wait to touch his fingers and toes. Beau can't wait to just hold him - he says "I haven't gotten to hold him yet like you have!" I'm excited about those things too, but also can't wait to dress him up in all his new outfits. From what I've been told, I should be careful what I wish for because I'll get to do this more times a day than ever expected. Haha!
As you can see in this picture, Alan and I are still twins - he's even having a sympathy pregnancy with me! He and Beau escaped the baby shower together so they wouldn't have to hear all the girly "ooh's" and "aww's." I'm sure they wouldn't have survived if they stayed. :)
I officially have three more weeks left of work at Sante! There's still a little bit of sadness about leaving, but overall I am excited and working hard on building my private practice. We could use your continued prayers about that process. It's definitely a leap of faith and I'm being continually challenged to let go and trust in God.
Wow, your belly does look huge! But you still look beautiful, and I love your maternity shirts! I'll text you my measurements later today so we can compare...I still think a lot of it is because you are so petite. Have fun soaking up the sun!
ReplyDelete