Beau has been working really hard on our back patio cover. Last week he put up the ceiling all by himself, and painted it. Soon it will be complete with it's final coat of paint, ceiling fan, and lights around the perimeter. It is so beautiful!! Here are a few pictures of him putting up the ceiling.
I am so proud of him! He is always trying new things, and is always successful in his efforts.
This Spring we've been thankful for the gifts which keep on giving: our flowers! We worked hard on the front flower bed last year, and this year it is the envy of the neighborhood (or at least our immediate neighbors). We haven't touched it this year, and everything looks just beautiful! This was a great year to not have to work on it because Beau has been busy with other things, and I just flat out haven't had the energy to do anything but the bare minimum.
Today is my first official day of not working at Sante! It was amazing to sleep-in this morning, and get some things accomplished today. I have a feeling the extra time I'd normally be at work full time will now be filled with other things which need to happen before Tyce arrives. This morning has been pretty full already, but I'm grateful to have the time to take care of things. Since Beau's job is quite a bit more flexible than mine was he's really been picking up the slack where I've been unavailable. Now it's my turn to give him a break from all the wonderful help he's been giving.
Last night we had our home group at a friends' house who has baby ducks! I was so excited to hold these baby ducks that when I finally got to I could not stop crying!! There I was standing on the porch in the rain holding a baby duck and crying my eyes out. 9 of my close friends just stood there watching me and Beau was saying over and over "what has happened to my wife?!" The girls were sweet and just laughed with me while I laughed/cried hysterically. The boys did not know what to do, however, and I might be surprised if they ever choose to talk to me again. Ha ha! They must think I'm psychotic. I don't know what the tears were about but I just kept saying "he's so CUTE!" and crying even harder. Oh my...these hormones! Here's a picture of me and my favorite duckie. You have to admit...he is SO CUTE!
I love the part about the ducks! I laughed so hard when I read that part! They are cute! Wow, what are you going to be like when you hold Tyce for the first time if that is how you are with the duck?
ReplyDeleteYour flowers do look great! (if you got this message twice I am sorry. The first comment never showed up so I did it again)
oh jill, i'm so glad that i'm not the only crazy one! hahaha! and your flowers DO look amazing. AND good job, beau, on the patio cover! he is amazing! he could totally start a business doing house stuff like that if he wanted to.
ReplyDeleteThat duck story is hilarious! Zac and I were both laughing outloud! We need you all to move down here so Beau can help Zac build a deck...and because you'd be fun to hang around. :)
ReplyDelete