34 weeks (almost)
Tyce gets bigger, and bigger and I hear the continued comments from friends and strangers about how I'm going to "pop any day now." Complete strangers think I'm already past due, and are in utter shock when I tell them my due date. They ask if I'm "sure", if "there are twins", if my husband is very large, etc. I wish I was lying to everyone and that I am, in fact, overdue and completely made up May 21st as the due date just to trick everyone. :) I have been told that extreme discomfort in the last weeks of pregnancy is how God keeps us from being fearful of labor. I can tell you right now that I don't care much what is involved in the labor, I'm just ready to get him out. God's plan is definitely working!
I have 1 1/2 weeks left at Sante, and not a moment too soon. Beau and I are working ourselves ragged and I hardly have enough energy to breathe. Reprieve is coming soon though - I can taste it!
I've noticed a distinct change in my energy level over time and it has been best observed through my walks with the dogs. During the second trimester I wanted the dog walk to double as my workout so I tried to walk really fast with the pups. They didn't like this because their legs are tiny and they just wanted to have fun and sniff everything. Eventually my frustration led me to allow them to have a fun walk while I walked separately for my exercise. Fast forward to today: I was huffing and puffing by the end of the block by our house and the dogs' leashes were completely extended in front of me as they dragged me along for the ride. At the end of our 20 minute incredibly slow walk, my body felt reminiscent of the end of a 6 mile run on a warm day. Whew! Pretty soon the dogs are going to dread walking with me at all. I may have to pass this baton to Beau until this baby arrives!
Awww Jilly--you are so cute! I can seriously see Tyce just curled up right there at the edge of your belly. As soon as you have him, your flat little tummy is going to go right back to normal and you'll probably be one of those mommies who walks out of the hospital looking the same as before you were pregnant. And I will hate you. But I also love you! :)
ReplyDeleteYou look just fine! Remember some people don't filter what they say before it comes out of their mouth! Tyce is nice and cozy in there, he will come out when he and you are ready! I can't wait for it! I hope that I am somewhere on your calling list. Tell Beau my number and he can simply send me a text! I love you and you are doing great! Mommy to be, you are beautiful!
ReplyDelete