Friday, June 25, 2010

"Goo"

Tyce is doing really well with getting on a sleeping schedule. We have followed the advice of friends and family, and the book Baby Wise which says during the day to have the baby eat, have awake time, then take a nap, then repeat. The routine shifts at night to become eat, sleep, eat, sleep which is partly how the baby learns to differentiate between night and day. Tyce has been sleeping great at night, and only waking up once around 2:30-3:00am to eat. Yay! The awake time during the day had been somewhat of a struggle up until early this week. I kept saying "How in the world are you supposed to keep a newborn awake?!" Well, the older he gets the more alert he is during his awake time. Also, on Tuesday this week he started saying "Goo!" It is the cutest thing ever. When he says it you can tell he is really proud of himself because he gets a huge smile on his face. He is obviously thoroughly entertained. His newly developed eye contact, smiling, and gooing make it lots of fun for Beau and I to spend awake time with him after he eats. We are having a blast with this little guy! He is so precious.
Oh, I should also add that he's not so "little." 1 month old, and 11+ lbs! He is wearing his 3-6 month sized clothes, and I don't think he'll be in them long. Wow! How did we have such a big boy? My biceps are struggling to keep up.


   Eye contact with car seat friends :)
Sweet Smile

Posing for the camera

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute!!! Precious smile! Make sure to take video of him making his goo sound. I wish I would have done that when Benjamin starting singing his coo songs.

    ReplyDelete