Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Introducing Mr. Tyce Douglas Davis

It's been about a month since I last posted on here, but I think having a baby is a pretty good excuse! I've been getting some complaints and questions about not posting, but I've had my hands a bit full. :) My sweet baby is sleeping in his swing at the moment so I'll blog as much as I can while he's napping.

Tyce Douglas Davis was born May 20th at 3:35am weighing 9lbs, and measuring 20 3/4" long. He is the most beautiful thing we have ever seen. I had no idea I would love this baby so much, and since meeting him I have been trying to recover from getting my feet knocked completely out from under me by the overwhelming love I have for him.

The VERY brief story of his birth
After being checked at my last OB/GYN appointment and finding out I was still not dialating more than a 1, and my due date was only 4 days away we decided to go ahead and induce. We chose to do what is called a "trial labor." It is an alternative to using Pitocin. Basically I would try a more mild induction method, see if it works, and if not I could go home at the end of the day and then see if labor comes on its own. However, after checking in to the hosptial, answering an hour of questions, and being stuck with all kinds of tubes I decided I would not go home at the end of the day and come back. We decided if the alternative method did not work we would go ahead and use Pitocin. This is why no one knew I was being induced because we weren't sure if it would work or not.

Well, it DID work. After my second dose of the meds I began having contractions every minute and a half for the remaining 11 hours of labor. I pushed with all my might for an hour and a half, and Tyce was not budging. It turns out that he had turned face forward, and his head was way too big to pass through my pelvic bone. The doctor tried forceps, and he wouldn't move. My only option at that point was a C-Section. Minutes later we met our sweet baby who would immediately steal our hearts and change us forever.

Tyce will be three weeks old tomorrow, and Beau and I feel we've had him for months. We're severely sleep-deprived, as would be expected, I'm healing well, and we're getting the hang of this whole parenting thing. :) Tyce is a great baby who is quickly learning the difference between night and day and allowing Beau and I to get some much-needed rest at night.

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy:
40 weeks pregnant...and shedding lots of scared tears before the induction.
I had to be on Oxygen after receiving my epidural because Tyce's heart rate kept dropping. Beau took great care of me throughout the whole labor process.

About to meet Tyce! 
Tyce getting all cleaned up! Notice his Uncle Alan, Aunt Lindsi, and Noni waving at him in the window.


"I've waited a long time to be a Dad," he said. Sweet Beau holding his sweet son. Priceless.
First family picture the day of Tyce's birth, but after Mom and Dad got a bit of sleep. :)
Aunt Lindsi
Uncle Alan
Noni

The previous four pictures were all taken while I was in excruciating pain laying in the same room, but not coherent enough to me sweet baby yet.

Holding my sweet boy at the hospital right before we got to go home.
Going home! 
Welcome home, baby Tyce! We love you!!

5 comments:

  1. Jill, he is absolutely precious and so blessed to have such loving parents. We are just filled with happiness for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post, birthday girl!! :) Noni?! That's new....I like it! Hope you enjoy your special day, little momma! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jill, he is DARLING!!! I can NOT wait to meet him!! Thank you for updating--I've been checking regularly for an update, so I was happy to see this one!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear friend!! I have been thinking about you so much lately...you can expect a call soon! :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I was waiting for the post also! He is just so darn cute and strong! Look at the head up already! Wow! Love you so much! Happy Birthday! Enjoy today with your little boy and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete